Monday, April 03, 2006

Well, there was that to do...

"Leaves" is finished. (At least if I consider it a first draft). And frankly, I'm glad to be rid of it. Now I can try to write a real story -- one that's not 10,000 words. A real, short, three-pager kinda story.

(silence)

If I can just think of something to write about. ;-)

Anyway, that's two down and two more to go. The poems, I've neglected lately. But maybe I can finish all this up some time soon.

Rambling... the whole idea for "Leaves" came from a walk by a river last December. That and the imagery of Ophelia from Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Fiction is often derived from experience. But sometimes it goes the other way. Ever come across a scene from a novel with a vivid (and tasty) description of a meal and then want to go out and try it? Reading "Crime and Punishment", or Turgenev makes me want to drink vodka.

Writing the camping scene on the mountain from "Leaves", the image stuck with me. Stuck with me enough that I did a sort of reenactment the other day. I might write about it sometime soon.

Oh well, that's enough for today. Goodnight!

1 Comments:

Blogger ryecatcher said...

Reading Turgenev also makes me want to try Kvas! I'd borrowed the copy of "Sketches from a Hunter's Album" from the local library. Then last weekend I found a copy in a used bookstore (in Kichijoji) and bought it.

4/24/2006 08:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home